- This event has passed.
Join MFA in Music Composition Faculty Member Don DiNicola to talk about best practices to help you move forward in a positive direction, with a career in music and music related endeavors.
Topics will include:
- Business entities. (a publishing company being one example)
- Profit or Non-profit? (Literally and figuratively)
- Communicating with the client
- Taking direction (especially relevant in music for hire situations)
- Compensation tradeoffs (this for that and other scenarios)
- A short word about contracts
- Registering compositions (good or …. not always the right move)
- Public face (name in print, buyouts, pseudonyms)
… and more. Bring your opinions and questions.
Register in advance at the link below and join us via Zoom on Wednesday, June 7 at 7:00pm EST.