(Last updated March 26, 2020)
As of today, there have been no known or suspected cases of COVID-19 on campus. On Tuesday, March 17, we implemented remote working arrangements for VCFA staff and remote learning for our residential MFA in Writing & Publishing program. As previously announced, the April residencies for the MFA in Graphic Design and MFA in Film programs will be held remotely.
- The physical VCFA Library is closed to the public and the VCFA community for the foreseeable future. (See the “March 26, 2020 library update” linked below for specific details about the library’s closure and the online services that still are available.)
- Staff are working from home and will still be available to answer questions and be of service to our students, prospective students, faculty, alumnx, and friends of the school.
- Students in our Writing & Publishing program are attending classes from their place of residence. Students currently living on campus who do not have another home have made arrangements to stay on campus.
- The school has a quarantine plan for any student living on campus who comes down with the virus, as well as for students who confirm they have been in contact with a person who has coronavirus.
- Community events scheduled to take place on campus have been cancelled through the month of April.
PRIOR MESSAGES & COMMUNICATIONS
- March 26, 2020 library update
- March 20, 2020 library update
- March 17, 2020 press release
- March 12, 2020 COVID-19 update
- March 6, 2020 COVID-19 update