(Last updated May 5, 2020)
As of today, there have been no known or suspected cases of COVID-19 on campus. On April 20, we announced the decision to hold all residencies and academic conferences remotely through August. This includes residencies in the MFA in Writing, MFA in Writing for Children & Young Adults, MA in Art & Design Education, MFA in Visual Art, and MFA in Music Composition programs, as well as the Novel Retreat and the Postgraduate Writers’ Conference.
- The remote residencies for the MFA in Graphic Design and MFA in Film programs were held in April and received positive feedback from participants. (See the “April 20, 2020 community update” linked below for more details and a student quote.)
- After a month-long closure, the physical VCFA Library is once again staffed, albeit on a part-time basis (10–3 on Mondays and Thursdays, with alternating Wednesdays and Fridays). Staff will continue to answer your emails seven days a week. While we are not yet able to allow community access to the building, staff can again fill your requests for items from the collection, and send and receive mail. (See the “April 29, 2020 library update” linked below for specific details.)
- Staff are working from home and are still available to answer questions and be of service to our students, prospective students, faculty, alumnx, and friends of the school.
- Students in our Writing & Publishing program are attending classes from their place of residence. Students currently living on campus who do not have another home have made arrangements to stay on campus.
- The school has a quarantine plan for any student living on campus who comes down with the virus, as well as for students who confirm they have been in contact with a person who has coronavirus.
- Community events scheduled to take place on campus have been canceled through the month of August.
PRIOR MESSAGES & COMMUNICATIONS
- April 29, 2020 library update
- April 20, 2020 community update
- March 26, 2020 library update
- March 20, 2020 library update
- March 17, 2020 press release
- March 12, 2020 COVID-19 update
- March 6, 2020 COVID-19 update