Named as one of the "Best Places To Work in Vermont" for the past three years, VCFA prides itself on being the arts hub of central Vermont and one of the biggest and best employers in this remarkable small city.
Montpelier truly is the place to have the idyllic New England experience you always imagined. With an abundant weekly farmer's market, our many outstanding locally-sourced restaurants, and our diverse downtown storefronts, Montpelier has emerged as one of the most livable and dynamic capital cities in the country. With a population of about 8,000, Montpelier is one of the smallest state capitals in the country, but it is also among the most forward-thinking.
Read the New York Times' article, "36 Hours in Montpelier, VT."
Best Choice Reviews chose Montpelier as the #1 Small Town in America.
Read Yankee Magazine's article, "Montpelier, Vermont- Could You Live Here?"
Reporting to the Chief Financial Officer and Vice President for Administration, the Controller is responsible for maintaining the accuracy and transparency of the college’s accounting records and timely reporting to senior management and other constituents.
- Directs and oversees the operations of the Bursar's Office, unrestricted and restricted accounting, finance systems management, payroll, accounts payable, investments, and accounts receivable. Other areas of responsibility will include audit preparation (financial statement audit and A-133 compliance audit), cash management, tax return preparation, bank reporting and budgeting and analysis as needed.
- Working closely with the CFO, formulates goals and objectives for the department in accordance with the overall mission and goals of the institution.
- Ensures transactional standards that are consistent throughout the College, and comply with State and Federal fiscal management laws and regulations, and generally accepted accounting standards.
- Directs and oversees the hiring, development, management, and evaluation of departmental staff. Direct reports include a Financial Analyst, Human Resources & Accounts Payable Coordinator, Bursar, and HR & Payroll Assistant.
Digital Content Administrator
The Marketing & Communications team is looking for a detail-oriented, focused individual to join our team as a part-time Digital Content Administrator. This is an opportunity to play a key role in supporting marketing efforts through our online presence via the web, email marketing and digital advertising as the College continues to grow and expands its influence and visibility.
The Digital Content Administrator will be responsible for maintaining the content on vcfa.edu, college intranet sites and blogs, email communication, digital advertising, and other online media. This position works closely with and reports to the Marketing & Communications Manager and is a flexible, 2-3 days/week, non-benefits-eligible position. (Partial work-from-home possible.)
- Update and maintain website pages and overall content on vcfa.edu with provided content
- Create landing pages for digital advertising within HubSpot COS
- Assist with HTML templates and other digital asset implementation for email, landing pages, and other media
- Bachelor's degree or comparable training in website maintenance and computer programming OR relevant experience with content management systems and copyediting
- 3-5 years work experience in web development, web management or digital production
- Proficient knowledge and experience with Drupal, WordPress, Google Sites, and/or other content management systems
To apply, email resume, cover letter, and three references to email@example.com.
Vermont College of Fine Arts is an Equal Opportunity Employer and welcomes applications from individuals who would enhance the richness of our community. VCFA does not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, age, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
HR and Accounts Payable Coordinator
Montpelier and Surrounding Communities
View the wide range of activities and scenic beauty offered in Central Vermont. Find out why the area has long enjoyed a reputation as a year-round recreational playground and a great place to raise a family.