Our goal is to use VCFA’s powerful alumnx network to create broader, more equitable access to writing instruction for kids—and, over the long term, to foster a more diverse community of authors. We have worked with thousands of kids since we started out in 2015, and there’s a lot more magic to come!
Our ongoing work includes:
- Building partnerships across New England, collaborating with nonprofits that share our mission of providing excellent programming for diverse young writers.
- Providing engaging, in-depth creative writing programs to hundreds of children each year.
- Supporting and inspiring our national network of alumnx authors to provide quality writing instruction to underserved children in their own regions.
- Providing a network of support for aspiring writers.
- Amy Coombs
- Katherine Hosford
- Dean Gloster
- Christopher Maselli
- The Rona Jaffe Foundation