MAT/MA in Art & Design Education
- Juan Carlos Castro is a Montreal-based professor who’s an expert on learning and teaching art through social and mobile media. He will teach Art and Humanity: Developmental Psychology and Art Education, Adolescence during the summer residency.
- Lois Hetland is a noted educator with a background in teaching music and visual art. Included in her many accomplishments, she is a co-author of Studio Thinking, The Real Benefits of Visual Arts Education. Hetland will teach Creative Assessment-Assessing Creativity.
- Christopher Schulte is an early childhood development professor who researches connections between children’s art and play, early childhood art curriculum and pedagogy, post-structural theory, and the use of qualitative research methodologies. He will teach Art and Humanity: Developmental Psychology and Art Education, Childhood.
MFA in Film
- Josephine Decker is an independent filmmaker who directed the feature film Thou Wast Mild and Lovely and the documentary Bi the Way.
- Jeremiah Zagar is an established documentary and feature filmmaker, whose credits include the feature-length documentary Captivated: The Trials of Pamela Smart and the feature film We the Animals.
MFA in Graphic Design
- Lorena Howard-Sheridan is a Mexican-American designer and educator based in Texas, with experience teaching experimental design in Mexico and the U.S.
MFA in Music Composition
- Carla Kihlstedt is a songwriter, composer, singer and violinist who has performed around the world and recorded with some of the top musicians in the industry.
MFA in Writing
- Harrison Candelaria Fletcher is a noted creative nonfiction writer who has written numerous books, including his most recent novel Presentimiento: A Life In Dreams.
- Ann Hood is the bestselling author of Somewhere Off the Coast of Maine and many other books. She’s also an essayist whose work has appeared in several anthologies.
- T. Geronimo Johnson is an author and poet whose book Welcome to Braggsville won numerous awards last year was long-listed for the National Book Award.
MFA in Writing for Children & Young Adults
- Nova Ren Suma is the author of three young adult novels and one middle-grade novel, including her latest, The Walls Around Us.
MFA in Writing & Publishing
- Jensen Beach is an author and translator that lives in Vermont. He is the author of two collections of short stories and also teaches in the BFA program at Johnson State College.
Cover photo: T. Geronimo Johnson.