Below are basic questions and answers for those interested in hosting events at VCFA.

Can we bring our own caterer or food for our event?

Yes. You may use any caterer of your choosing, as long as they provide a certificate of liability, due one week prior to the event.

Can we provide our own alcohol for our event?

Due to Vermont State liquor laws and VCFA’s liquor license, all alcohol in College Hall must be catered by Café Anna. Subsequently any alcohol not served by Café Anna is prohibited in the building.  In other buildings on campus, any group that would like to serve alcohol at their event needs to contract with a licensed caterer and submit a permit. The permit would need to be turned in with the room setup sheet at least 2 weeks before the event.

When are your blackout dates?

We are generally booked during our academic session, from mid June through mid August, October, late December through mid February and April. Additionally, we host academic conferences throughout the year – please inquire on specific dates.

Can we stay in your dorms?

Yes. We do rent out dorms to adults and supervised groups of children 16 and over. Here is a link for more information: http://vcfa.edu/host-event/accommodations.

Is there a charge for setting up/decorating the day before?

If the room is available, we will allow this for a $100 fee.

What happens if my room setup is late, or I need to make last minute changes?

There is a $100 fee for submissions or changes made within two weeks of the event. We may not be able to accommodate changes within 48 hours of the event.

Can I customize my room setup for an event?

Yes. There is a $100 fee to have rooms arranged in customized setups.

What is the deposit required to reserve the space?

There is 25% non-refundable deposit due with the signed contract. We ask for full payment one week after the final bill, which is sent out after the event.

Do you require a damage deposit?

Yes. For Special events we require a $500 damage deposit.

Damage to VCFA property as a result of a group function will be at the organizations (renters) expense. VCFA cannot be held responsible for lost or damaged items used before, during, or after an event.

Are there noise regulations for using the space?

Yes. Music and loud noise are required to end by 9pm.

Are there any restrictions on event start and end time?

Yes. Events can start as early as 8am and need to end by 11:00pm (including breakdown).

Do you allow smoking?

Guests of VCFA wishing to smoke must use designated outdoor locations. There is no smoking within 25 feet of any campus building.

Are we allowed to light candles in your facility?

No. Candles or open flame are not allowed in our buildings. LED candles are welcome though.

Are there restrictions on decorations at your facility?

Yes. All decoration should be table top.

Glitter, hay, confetti, tinsel or other loose items scattered on the floor, walls, windows, or other area are not permitted. Nothing may be taped, tacked, or in any way affixed to the facility’s glass, walls, doors, or ceilings on any interior or exterior surface of the facility without prior approval. Exhibitors are responsible for the removal of booth-marking tape, carpet tape, and tape residue left on floors. Failure to remove tape or tape residue will result in labor and materials charges assessed against the user. No screws, nails etc. may be driven into any part of the facility.

VCFA policy prohibits the covering of building signage, art, emergency procedures, or other building surfaces without written prior permission.


Chiyomi McKibbin

Coordinator of Campus Services
802-828-8649 (fax)
[email protected]