Vermont College of Fine Arts graduates can return to Montpelier for postgraduate study. Reinvigorate a career or jump-start a new work.
Vermont College of Fine Arts grads have the opportunity to return to Montpelier for a variety of postgraduate opportunities. These programs reinvigorate creativity as well as allow alumni/ae to again be part of the dynamic VCFA community that includes faculty, visiting lecturers, guests and MFA candidates.
For more information about these exciting postgraduate programs, visit the links below:
- Alumni Mini-Residency - Combining elements of an alumni reunion, professional networking event, and a shortened version of the traditional VCFA residency, this weekend program runs each June.
- Novel Retreat - A special program devoted solely to full immersion novel writing, the week will feature readings, presentations, and faculty mentorships in which full-length manuscript critiques are available.
- Picture Book Intensive Semester – This 16-credit intensive semester is open to current MFA in Writing for Children & Young Adults (WCYA) students, alumni/ae of the MFA in Writing and MFA in WCYA programs, and experienced writers who are interested in furthering their exploration of the picture book form.
- Postgraduate Writers' Conference - Created as a haven for serious, emerging practitioners seeking to connect and recharge, and lift their process and craft to new levels.
- Visual Art Postgraduate Semester – Designed for artists whose research-based practice is stuck in a holding pattern or artists yearning to develop a new direction in their studio practice.
- Writer2Writer Online Alumni Writing Packet Exchange – Writer2Writer is a tool VCFA offers to assist you in post graduation writing endeavors by setting up a pairing/packet system with you and other alumni.
- Writing Novels for Young People Retreat - A working weekend for the serious writer of middle-grade and young adult books and for alumni and all writers wanting to take their novels to the next level.
- Writing and Writing for Children & Young Adults Postgraduate Semester – Ideal for writers who want assistance launching a new writing project, want to master a new genre or need help preparing a prose, poetry or writing for young readers project for publication.
Director of Alumni Relations
For information about applying to our postgraduate programs, please see Admissions.
- Alumni Mini-Residency
- Novel Retreat
- Picture Book Intensive Semester
- Postgraduate Writers' Conference
- Visual Art Postgraduate Semester
- Writing Novels for Young People Retreat
- Writing and Writing for Children & Young Adults Postgraduate Semester
In addition to the programs listed on this page, alumni may have the option to attend an MFA in Writing or Writing for Children & Young Adults overseas residency as a participant. Click the links below to find out more: