The Master of Professional Writing from the University of Southern California has moved to its new address and new name at Vermont College of Fine Arts.
Building on VCFA’s long tradition of excellence as a top graduate college for arts education, the MFA in Writing & Publishing combines the best of VCFA and USC to create a distinguished two-year residential MFA program.
Live the writer’s life:
- Launch your professional career in poetry, fiction, creative nonfiction, writing for stage and screen, or new media.
- Build a network of writers, editors, and publishers, dedicated to the art and business of literature.
- Study with a core team of nationally acclaimed writing faculty, and incorporate the expertise of visiting writers and playwrights, editors and publishers.
- Explore new platforms for collaboration, publication, promotion, and distribution using today’s technologies.
- Combine a challenging model of student-centered fine arts education with industry-forward focus on the business of writing.
- Enjoy year-round engagement with the arts on our historic campus in the heart of Montpelier, Vermont.
- Find inspiration in cross-disciplinary avenues by attending lectures, readings, exhibits, and performances during our film, visual art, graphic design, music composition, writing, and writing-for-children residencies.
This page contains information about the MFA in Writing & Publishing. If you’re looking for information about our top-ranked low-residency MFA in Writing, click here.