Vermont College of Fine Arts recognizes the importance scholarships play in helping students meet financial needs. VCFA provides merit based scholarships and need based scholarships. In addition, we provide resources for external scholarships and tips on researching external scholarships.
Some scholarships for college are merit-based. You earn them by meeting or exceeding certain standards set by the scholarship-giver. Merit scholarships might be awarded based on academic achievement or on a combination of academics and a special talent, trait, or interest. Other scholarships are based on financial need. Need based scholarships require the submission of a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) form. VCFA uses the financial results from the FAFSA to determine a student's level of financial need.
The MFA in Graphic Design program awards several program scholarships to incoming enrolled students. Merit and need based scholarships range from $500 to $2000. and are generally awarded for the first semester of study. The program considers awarding the following scholarships to students who have completed their application by the priority scholarship deadline:
- Future of Design Award of Merit: $1000 scholarship, renewable each semester of study
- Form, Content and Craft Award: $2000 incoming semester award
- Promise Award: $1500 incoming semester award
- AIGA Award: $2000 incoming semester award
In addition to these named scholarships, the program awards other similar merit and need based scholarships on a case by case basis for the first semester of study.
External Graphic Design Scholarships
- Design Sponge Scholarship
- Kate Neal Kinley Memorial Fellowship competition
- Worldstudio AIGA Scholarships
- Annual Create-A-Greeting-Card Scholarship Contest
- Document Management & Graphic Communications Industry Scholarships
- OutputLinks Communications Group Sponsors Scholarships
- Graphic Design Degree Hub Creativity Scholarship
- Support Creativity Scholarship